Logistics Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Acf International Action Against Hunger Karachi
Acf International Action Against Hunger Karachi urgently required following position for Logistics Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Acf International Action Against Hunger Karachi Jobs Details:
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
- To perform any other duties as requested by the Senior Logistics Manager, Supply Management Manager and Chief of Party.
- To supervise and support all logistic personnel working for ACTION AGAINST HUNGER within the base.
- To establish and maintain good contacts with suppliers, government offices, UN agencies and other NGOs with regards to logistical matters.
- In case of war, civil disturbance or arbitrary malicious intent, in consultation with the Senior Logistics Manager / Logistics Coordinator / Chief of Party, communications and other capital equipment, either by disabling it, hiding it, or by driving it to safety, under the condition that this effort does not jeopardise the personal safety of any staff involved.
- To organise all logistics processes, including warehousing, communications and transport, as well as the related administrative procedures, for ACTION AGAINST HUNGER operations.
- To implement and monitor logistics systems, in accordance with ACTION AGAINST HUNGER policies and procedures.
- To ensure the smooth logistical running of the base under the supervision of the Logistics Manager / Chief of Party.
- To ensure the facilities are up to Action Against Hunger standards, Office, Ware house, Guest House, Parking Lot.
- To ensure that all the electricity work in properly with support of back-up generator.
- To identify the supplier for the proper base running that’s includes, Plumber, electrician and carpenter and other related to the office maintenance.
- Contract Management of all the lease facilities
- Respect Action Against Hunger physical equipment management requirements (organisation, cleaning, ventilation, protection from external elements, etc.).
- File all user’s manuals, equipment cards, and maintenance and repair records.
- Be accountable at all times for all items in the office and compound that are under his/her responsibility.
- To regulate the use of vehicles.
- Supervising and planning vehicle allocation in order to optimally serve the needs of the program with support from Senior Logistics Manager.
- Monitoring the fuel consumption of Action Against Hunger vehicles and the skills of the drivers.
- Actively enforce the driver regulations and Action Against Hunger SOP’s.
- Detail survey of the project intervention to find out the feasible options for fleet and share the report with Senior Logistics Manager.
Supply Chain Management
- Review and confirm all procurement requests before processing;
- Coordinate with Project and program managers during request preparation;
- Ensure that PR includes all required specifications and supporting documents;
- Facilitate Program department in making Procurement request;
- Collect information from procurement request for request for Quote, prepare assessment table and obtain approval according to ACTION AGAINST HUNGER Standards procedures.
- Arrange Procurement Committee Meetings with consultation with Logistics Manager for bidding, taking minutes of meeting during and recording of discussions & recommendations made by the committee.
- Ensure that all documentation required as per contract is provided by both parties;
- Organize any joint visit between ACTION AGAINST HUNGER and contractor to the delivery sites with Consultation with logistics Manager and Chief of Party.
- Collect and review all delivery documentation; Prepare payment transaction according to delivery and contract payment terms.
- Facilitate the purchase and delivery of all necessary supplies to the base, including regular travel to various Markets for procurement of supplies.
- Will update the PFU accordingly.
- Assist in day to day logistics task as assigned by Logistics Manager.
- Submit a monthly updated Fleet Plan, Equipment List to the Logistics Manager and Log CO. Fill the price list when purchasing and preparation of quotations
- Consolidate and Submit a monthly Equipment list, Fuel Consumption report for vehicle and Generators to the Logistics Manager and Logistics Coordinator.
To ensure inclusion across programming and within/by the team
- Support mission level qualification for gender marker;
- Encourage inclusion within recruitment, training and promotion;
- Ensure inclusion within programme planning, implementation and reporting;
- Identify and mentor gender focal points in coordination with HR.