Government Affairs Policy Director Pakistan Jobs Vacancy in General Electric
General Electric urgently required following position for Government Affairs Policy Director Pakistan. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Government Affairs Policy Director Pakistan Jobs Vacancy in General Electric Jobs Details:
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The position holder will lead GE’s government affairs and policy initiatives in Pakistan. He or she will set policy strategy, drive company government affairs initiatives, and advise on a broad range of governmental, policy and regulatory issues. The Government Affairs & Policy Director will report functionally to the Government Affairs & Policy leader of GGO MENAT and operationally to the Chief Executive Officer of GGO, Pakistan.
- Develop and implement a strategic approach to GE engagement with government entities in Pakistan.
- Lead GE teams on government affairs initiatives, implementing actions vis-à-vis government institutions and regulatory agencies in a wide range of areas including energy, healthcare, transportation, environmental regulations, international trade, finance/capital, and intellectual property.
- Provide expert advice on the workings of the government institutions and decision-making procedures and changes in government players.
- Support sales to governments by helping sales teams tailor GE bids to government needs, marshalling government support and advocacy for GE’s bids, and utilizing governmental financing
- Identify and quantify top governmental issues for GE and achieve results on those issues and opportunities.
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree preferably in law, political science, or public policy.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience working on government affairs matters, including significant relevant experience with a government, global corporation and/or with an international law or consultancy firm.
- Strong relationships with government officials and influencers and the demonstrated potential to build such relationships.
- Deep knowledge of institutions, regulation, policies and priorities and decision processes in Pakistan.
- Previous experience in the area of transactional support and funding programs would be a significant advantage.
- Understanding of both civil and military procurement processes
- Understanding of infrastructure, healthcare and defense industries.
- Ability to cope with pressure and multiple deadlines.
- Issue advocacy and influencing skills with track record of successful application on behalf of a corporation or government
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, and to lay out clear, logical and implementable game plans
- Proven ability to execute effectively on priority tasks and responsibilities, including linking details to broad outcomes
- Ability to build excellent working relationships within a matrix environment at all levels of the organization
- Advanced communication skills - both written and verbal
- English language fluency
- Ability to deal effectively with people and work in diverse multinational teams
- Ability to anticipate trends and manage risk
- High level of energy and the ability to motivate and inspire others
Locations: Pakistan; Islamabad, Karachi, Lahore
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.